Friday, March 16, 2012

SCENE IT: I Always Wanted to Be a Gangster


GOODFELLAS: INTRO SCENE

I have a confessions to make: I didn't really like Martin Scorcese back in my younger years of being an arrogant know-it-all teenager. I just didn't "get" his movies, much too dark and slow-paced for my taste, so aside from Color of Money nothing of his really made my grade. Until I was 17.

I caught Goodfellas late at night on cable, nothing else to watch and too bored out of my mind to grab the remote. I didn't know what the film was, but the opening shot made me curious. Why is this car careening all over the lane in the dark? What's the guy from Field of Dreams doing with Al Capone and Leo Getz?? And then they pull over and open the trunk... The final blow: Ray Liotta's narration. BOOM I'm a Scorcese nut for life.

Today's Scene It: The game-changing opening scene from Scorcese's masterpiece Goodfellas.

Goodfellas - Intro from Arnprior on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing I can say against this : I'm a sucker for Goodfellas! Just one of my favorites movies EVER!!! Too bad Ray Liotta didn't get a better career after that movie. He's just plain awesome, from my point of view!!

    ReplyDelete